Part-time Youth Director position
Aylmer CRC in Southwestern Ontario, Canada is seeking a part time Youth Director. The ideal candidate is a deeply committed follower of Jesus Christ with experience in youth ministry. This person will oversee and lead the youth group for high-school aged teens in a Christ-honouring way that helps students grow as disciples of Christ.
This job may be applied for individually or in combination with the Worship Director position.
Housing assistance is available if needed. A full job description can be found below.
Part-time Youth Director Job Description
· Organize and participate in youth meetings and activities (service projects, social events) and in providing strong, Biblically-based youth programs for Aylmer CRC. The main focus initially will be 13-18 year olds.
· Take primary leadership among leaders in choosing materials and leading meetings.
· Be directly involved in discipling the youth: challenge them to seek a loving relationship with Jesus Christ and to actively grow in their faith. This would include organizing regular meetings, retreat weekends, service projects and other related activities.
· Enlist adults in the congregation to support and assist in these ministries.
· Develop leadership and organizational skills in leaders and the youth themselves.
· Promote participation in congregational, regional, and denominational youth activities.
· Youth Director will be held accountable to Council and will present a verbal report at each Council meeting.
· The Youth Director will be supervised by the Staff Relations Committee.
· Attend bi-monthly Youth Council meetings and report on your work.
· Keep an accurate financial record of each group and assist in making budgets.
· Assist in recruiting leaders and youth to organize youth events: fundraisers, retreats, service projects and youth events.
· Communicate youth activities and events to the congregation and community.
· Develop, promote and take the lead to ensure that solid Bible study is a central part of each program.
· Suggest and help the leaders develop new approaches when programs fall short.
· Recruit, train, supervise, encourage and evaluate leaders in youth programs and activities.
· Attend training opportunities when available. This will be directed and supported financially by the church.
· Encourage leaders to attend training opportunities being offered (i.e. Day of Encouragement).
· Attend Classis youth leaders meetings, when needed.
· Essential that applicant is committed to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
· Must be in agreement with the reformed statements of faith. Demonstrate commitment to the Christian and Reformed faith – that is, wholeheartedly endorse the teachings on the Bible and our creeds and confessions.
· Faithfully attend worship services and other fellowship opportunities in the life of the church.
· Demonstrate love and understanding for all people, including building relationships with them and their families.
· Ability to articulate his/her calling to youth ministry.
· Possess strong leadership, organizational and motivational skills.
· Possess good communication skills; verbal and written.
· Work well in a team environment.
· Be an individual who can develop a rapport with the youth on a one to one basis.
· Previous experience in leading youth ministry would be an asset.
· Education in a related field would also be considered an asset.
· Salary range is $20,000 – $25,000 and is based on 15-20 hours/week.